QUESTION: Frome Street Bikeway
March 1st, 2017
On the 1st of March 2017, Mark asked the Minister for Police, representing the Minister for Transport questions about the Frome Street Bikeway.
The Hon. M.C. PARNELL: I refer the minister to today's article in InDaily, which contains almost as many different points of view on the Frome Street bikeway and the state government's response to it as there are councillors on the Adelaide City Council. To cut straight to the chase, my questions of the minister are:
1. Is the state government's co-funding deal with the Adelaide City Council for bicycle infrastructure dependent on the council modifying the Frome Street bicycle lanes to allow four lanes of motorised traffic?
2. If council decides to leave the Frome Street bikeway as it is, will this risk state government funding for other bicycle infrastructure projects?
3. Who is telling the truth in this matter and who is peddling false information in relation to the Frome Street bikeway?
The Hon. P. MALINAUSKAS (Minister for Police, Minister for Correctional Services, Minister for Emergency Services, Minister for Road Safety): I thank the honourable member for his questions regarding this hot topic. I am more than happy to take the questions on notice and make sure that the relevant minister in the other place, the Minister for Transport, minister Mullighan, is able to take these questions up and get the information back to the honourable member in due course.
On 11th May 2017, the following reply was provided -
Hon Peter Malinauskas MLC: The Minister for Transport and Infrastructure has been advised that:
1. No, the State Government’s co-funding deal with the Adelaide City Council for bicycle infrastructure is not dependent on the council modifying the Frome Street bicycle lanes to allow four lanes of motorised traffic.
2. No, if council decides to leave the Frome Street bikeway as it is, it will not risk State Government funding for other bicycle infrastructure projects.
printer friendly version